Start Das Forum Die Backyard-Werft: unsere 152VO-Modelle Single Steps 2xP LiPo way of pluging and Safety
Willkommen, Gast
Benutzername: Passwort: Angemeldet bleiben:
  • Seite:

THEMA: 2xP LiPo way of pluging and Safety

2xP LiPo way of pluging and Safety 18 Jul 2014 21:57 #1

• didier 54
  • ( Benutzer )
  • Rookie
  • Dank erhalten: 2
Hello all,

I start to build my 1st VO 152(a Jupiter 3 points) and my question is: what I have to take care of connecting 2 LiPo in P ?
Due to the space i have, i will use 2x 1500mAh 3S pluggeg in 2xP. Has somebody a drawing of a cabling drawing for 2X 3S in 2P Lipos?
Where should i have to place the outside circuit breaker?

Many thanks for your help.

Didier
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.

2xP LiPo way of pluging and Safety 18 Jul 2014 22:57 #2

• BernhardB
  • ( Benutzer )
  • Class BU Stock Racer
  • Dank erhalten: 504
I had also to use 2 accus and decided to use 2x2s accus in series instead of connecting parallel: Advantage 1 is: Since You have higher voltage, less current has to flow, so I can without problems omit the cooling of the motor controller - it simply stays cold. The second issue with connecting 2 accus parallel is that You can incidently connect one full and one empty. If You make that mistake (and mistakes happen) there are very high currents between the empty and the full accu - I think that is very dangerous. If You have on the other side 2 different accus in series, You can only drive as long as all cells are over the limit of deep-decharging. But that is in my opinion not realy a problem, since the motor controller can be programmed to switch off or there are beepers available which warn You in this case.

I think, if You switch the accus serial instead of parallel, You should use 2s instead of 3s - I am not shure if there are motors available which rotate so slow at 6s as we need it...
---
Bernhard
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: didier 54

2xP LiPo way of pluging and Safety 20 Jul 2014 12:06 #3

• didier 54
  • ( Benutzer )
  • Rookie
Hello Bernhard,

Many thanks for your answer, but i saw that Lex in his Mom's Nightmare use 3S 2P. This looks for me as a good solution.

1st thing i will start with neaw batteries ballanced at each charging and both will be charged together (As 6S with banlancer??)

Using 4s curent will be only 3/4 of curent draw with 3S that means that considering that i will user 1500 mAh in 3Sx2P with 20A (means 10A each and less than 10C) 4s 1200 mAh will be OK but with a current draw of 15 A (more that 10C in continuous.

if somebody can tell me how to charge batteries used in 2P and give me instruction for the circuit breaker it will be great.

Didier

2xP LiPo way of pluging and Safety 20 Jul 2014 13:14 #4

• Jo_S
  • ( Administrator )
  • Administrator
  • Dank erhalten: 2631
Hi Didier,

you can charge two 3S battery packs together as 6S using a ballancer adapter board (for the two ballancer plugs):

(Bildquelle: www.zj-hobbyshop.de/images/JST-XH%20Balancerset%201010B+.JPG)

But then you have to be VERY careful how to connect the batteries (and especially the ballancer plugs!) to the charger to avoid a short circuit. If you are not 100% sure how to connect them it is much safer to charge the two batteries seperately (even if you use them in 2P).

Here's the circuit diagram for the panic switch:

Keep the flat side on the water!
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: didier 54

2xP LiPo way of pluging and Safety 20 Jul 2014 13:51 #5

• didier 54
  • ( Benutzer )
  • Rookie
Hello Jo,

Great!!!.

Many thanks for your complete helpfull answer.

I will hire the plug that you enclosed as picture in your mail.

One more time many thanks

Best regards

Didier
  • Seite: