Start Das Forum Die Backyard-Werft: unsere 152VO-Modelle Three pointers / Roundnoses construction help!
Willkommen, Gast
Benutzername: Passwort: Angemeldet bleiben:
  • Seite:

THEMA: construction help!

construction help! 25 Jun 2023 18:04 #1

• Rapid 1
  • ( Benutzer )
  • Woodworker
  • Dank erhalten: 1
Hello Everyone

I am currently building a little kneeler the Saucy I have come across some what of a dilemma so I though I might ask
before removing material. There is a gap at the front side sponson where it meets the side framing of the boat bottom skin
Do I sand or file down the frame stringer to close the gap or cut out a piece of 1 mm plywood from scrap to seal the front where the gap is .
Though I would ask before removing any material from the stringer . Included are two pic of the area at the front were the gap is
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Anhang:
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.

construction help! 26 Jun 2023 13:57 #2

• Klemens
  • ( Benutzer )
  • Class AU Stock Racer
  • Dank erhalten: 199
Hello David,

actually there should be no gap :pfeif: . On my "Schulze" everything up to the bow rail has been nicely sanded. For the planking I had made templates from thick foil. Here you can see how the planking fits.

I hope to have helped you a little

Greetings Klemens
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: VO152Maine

construction help! 07 Sep 2023 02:42 #3

• Rapid 1
  • ( Benutzer )
  • Woodworker
32774F13-C297-4CA1-A81C-C515165976E4.jpeg

5A3ECCB8-9975-4092-B94B-E7A0573B2522.jpeg

Hi Clement

Thanks for responding to my post appreciated Nice job on your Schulze build
The little Saucy is coming along now I have the side sheeting on for the front sponsons. There is a little gap or crevice at the front where the side sheeting meets the top sheeting edge down where the two parts meet at the diagonal edge .
I was thinking of filling it with some resin and balsa wood dust mix to a paste but the resin is a bit yellow in color .
I think it would be hard to get a nice uniform look blend it in to the mahogany plywood frame edge the top skin is birch ply.
Any suggest as to what might look best fill the gap and blend all of it in would be appreciated

construction help! 07 Sep 2023 17:28 #4

• OldGun
  • ( Benutzer )
  • Cottage Racer
  • Dank erhalten: 221
Hi there,

why not getting some wooden matches, break it or sand it to get more wooden "Filler".

:idee2:

construction help! 07 Sep 2023 18:20 #5

• gema1831
  • ( Benutzer )
  • Class DSH Stock Racer
  • Dank erhalten: 669
can you not just put glue inside and press de pieces together?
:bauen:
Gruss, Mark

construction help! 10 Sep 2023 10:55 #6

• Lex Verkuijl
  • ( Supermoderator )
  • Dank erhalten: 2992
Wood glue mixed with saw dust also makes a nice and strong filler.
Gruss, Lex

construction help! 10 Sep 2023 18:55 #7

• Rapid 1
  • ( Benutzer )
  • Woodworker
Hi guys thanks for responding to my post appreciated I made a little wood plug to fit but honesty I think
Mixing wood dust with glue might be the best option Question has anyone used standard carpenters glue mixed with wood dust and fill in ares that have been exposed to epoxy glue? Epoxy is what I have been using to glue all parts down
I have read that mixing anything from carpenters glue to PVA glue you can color match pretty nicely with wood dust and glue mix to a nice putty like consistency but will it stick to ares exposed to epoxy such as the little gap I have to fill ?

construction help! 18 Sep 2023 22:02 #8

• Rapid 1
  • ( Benutzer )
  • Woodworker
Update I went with the wood plug came out pretty good. Question does anyone know how I could blend things in
more hide the gap more fiber glass it? or fill it more wood dust and resin was thinking of putting some trim molding around the front nose with some flexible beech wood 1.5 x 3mm then fill in agains the wood molding to hide the gap more .
Any suggestion advice on how to hide the gap more would be appreciated
Anhang:

construction help! 19 Sep 2023 10:43 #9

• OldGun
  • ( Benutzer )
  • Cottage Racer
  • Dank erhalten: 221
Try it with a wooden Bumper around the nose and sand it like a triangle to match the look of the boat.

If this does not fit, then try some of that plastic wood and fill the gap, sand it and get some structure to it to cover the extra "filler" you used.
  • Seite: