Start Das Forum Die Technikecke Outboarder Rod's Semi-scale Motors: Mercury 25XS, Mark 20-H, Quincy Looper
Willkommen, Gast
Benutzername: Passwort: Angemeldet bleiben:

THEMA: Rod's Semi-scale Motors: Mercury 25XS, Mark 20-H, Quincy Looper

Semi-scale Mercury 25XS and Mark 20-H 16 Mär 2013 13:06 #11

• Jo_S
  • ( Administrator )
  • Administrator
  • Dank erhalten: 2631
Die Motoraufhängung:

Ganz schön komplex - hat eine Weile gedauert, bis ich's kapiert habe.
Keep the flat side on the water!
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.

Semi-scale Mercury 25XS and Mark 20-H 16 Mär 2013 14:40 #12

• Ulmo
  • ( Benutzer )
  • Class BSH Stock Racer
  • Dank erhalten: 480
Grandioses Teil. Aber für einen Nachbau mit meinen Handwerkzeugen leider zu aufwendig.

@Rod & Jo: Thanks for the pictures.
Wer nur einen Hammer zur Verfügung hat für den sieht jedes Problem wie ein Nagel aus.

Semi-scale Mercury 25XS and Mark 20-H 31 Mär 2013 18:32 #13

• Jo_S
  • ( Administrator )
  • Administrator
  • Dank erhalten: 2631
Der neueste Semi-Scale-Nachbau aus Rod's Werkstatt: ein 40ci Quincy Looper, also ein waschechter Alky-Rennmotor. Um den Schwerpunkt so weit wie möglich nach hinten zu kriegen, war bei einigen Originalen (so auch hier) der Tank auf der Kavitationsplatte befestigt.

Das Unterteil ist wieder ein K+B, im gedrehten Motorgehäuse (Alu) werkelt ein wassergekühlter 28er BL-Outrunner mit 3500 kV.

Keep the flat side on the water!

Rod's Semi-scale Motors: Mercury 25XS, Mark 20-H, Quincy Looper 31 Mär 2013 18:49 #14

• jan
  • ( Benutzer )
  • Class F Hydro Racer
  • Dank erhalten: 870
Nice :top:

:rc:
Alt genug, um besser zu wissen,
Aber jung genug, um es anders zu machen

Jan
:rc:

Semi-scale Mercury 25XS and Mark 20-H 31 Mär 2013 21:23 #15

• geraghty
  • ( Benutzer )
  • Woodworker
  • Dank erhalten: 25
Jo_S schrieb:
Der neueste Semi-Scale-Nachbau aus Rod's Werkstatt: ein 40ci Quincy Looper, also ein waschechter Alky-Rennmotor.

More to come.....
I am working on adding more detail to the motor....I.E...fuel pumps on the side of the crankcase and fuel lines from the tank on the cavitation plate....and a distributor and spark plugs and plug wires.....

Rod's Semi-scale Motors: Mercury 25XS, Mark 20-H, Quincy Looper 01 Apr 2013 02:55 #16

• xoff
  • ( Besucher )
  • xoffs Avatar
What a wonderful motor, Rod! :top:

The way you modified the K&B-LowerUnit is impressive...there is not much material left... :glotz:

Rod's Semi-scale Motors: Mercury 25XS, Mark 20-H, Quincy Looper 01 Apr 2013 03:26 #17

• geraghty
  • ( Benutzer )
  • Woodworker
xoff schrieb:
What a wonderful motor, Rod! :top:

The way you modified the K&B-LowerUnit is impressive...there is not much material left... :glotz:

Thank you .......We have raced modified nitro motors with lower units cut exactly like this for years with no problems whatsoever.....
This is all that is needed to maintain structural integrity of the K&B lower unit..... :top:

Rod's Semi-scale Motors: Mercury 25XS, Mark 20-H, Quincy Looper 01 Apr 2013 10:36 #18

• Chynewalker
  • ( Benutzer )
  • Backyard Builder
  • Dank erhalten: 141
Nicely done, Rod! Makes me want to grab a set of earplugs! :top:
Out of curiosity, what is the purpose of the box on the AV plate? It's too low to be a Fickett tank, or a Grant mid-section. You got me wondering...

Rod's Semi-scale Motors: Mercury 25XS, Mark 20-H, Quincy Looper 01 Apr 2013 12:01 #19

• geraghty
  • ( Benutzer )
  • Woodworker
Chynewalker schrieb:
Nicely done, Rod! Makes me want to grab a set of earplugs! :top:
Out of curiosity, what is the purpose of the box on the AV plate? It's too low to be a Fickett tank, or a Grant mid-section. You got me wondering...

Since this motor is just a semi-scale facsimile,I found this photo on Google and started from there....Working with K&B lower I had to be a bit resourceful but I think I got the idea pretty well covered....

www.hydroracer.net/forums/attachment.php...thumb=1&d=1322054932

Note:I actually saw this motor run at the AOMCI Nationals in Tomahawk Wisconsin several years ago and you are right,the scream of a Looper is almost painful......I am sure my need to have hearing aids today were in no small way to years of open exhausts ..... :mrgreen:

Rod's Semi-scale Motors: Mercury 25XS, Mark 20-H, Quincy Looper 01 Apr 2013 19:06 #20

• Chynewalker
  • ( Benutzer )
  • Backyard Builder
  • Dank erhalten: 141
Thanks Rod,
I'd never seen one with the gas tank that low. I suppose at 80+ mph it would be advantageous to keep the CG a little lower...
- Scott