Willkommen, Gast
Benutzername: Passwort: Angemeldet bleiben:
  • Seite:

THEMA: Kavitationsplatte

Kavitationsplatte 01 Apr 2013 19:10 #1

• tschakaa
  • ( Besucher )
  • tschakaas Avatar
Beim echten AB soll die Kavitationsplatte unter anderem verhindern, dass die Unterdruckseite des Propellers Luft zieht. Nun, alle fahren bisher Hydropropeller con halbgetaucht bis ganz getaucht.

Bei mir stellt sich gerade die Frage, ob die Kavitationsplatte bei unseren Modellen überhaupt notwendig ist, außer dem Punkt, dass diese dem Wassereinlass ein Zuhause bietet.

Wer weiss da mehr?
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.

Kavitationsplatte 01 Apr 2013 20:10 #2

• Chynewalker
  • ( Benutzer )
  • Backyard Builder
  • Dank erhalten: 141
Although the anti-ventilation plate doesn't really function as such in a surface-piercing propeller application, it DOES help keep spray from directing upwards into the motor and/or boat.

FYI - Cavitation plate is a misnomer, as it has nothing to do with propeller cavitation. The proper term is 'anti-ventilation plate' (or 'AV plate' for short), as the plate prevents the surface air from being sucked into the propeller stream, thus ventilating it.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: tschakaa

Kavitationsplatte 01 Apr 2013 20:13 #3

• Werner
  • ( Benutzer )
  • Cottage Racer
  • Dank erhalten: 60
Hallo Thomas,
die Kavitationsplatte beim echten Aubo ist NUR da um das Luftziehen und dadurch das Kavitieren mit eingezogener Luft der UNTERwasserschrauben zu verhindern. :top:
Zusätzlich trägt sie an der Unterseite meist eine kleine Finne die den Propwalk und die Lenkkräfte ausgleicht. ;)
Bei unseren Hydropropellern (ÜBERwasserschrauben) brauchen wir die Kavitationsplatte nicht. :winken:
Der Wassereinlaß kann an Rumpfboden, Turnfinn oder z.B. auch an der Vorderseite des Unterwasserteils am Aubo erfolgen. Dies hätte auch den Nebeneffekt, daß der sowieso vorhandene Staudruck sinnvoll ausgenutzt wird.
Grüße :shakehands: Werner

Kavitationsplatte 01 Apr 2013 20:45 #4

• xoff
  • ( Besucher )
  • xoffs Avatar
Chynewalker schrieb:
... Cavitation plate is a misnomer, as it has nothing to do with propeller cavitation. The proper term is 'anti-ventilation plate' (or 'AV plate' for short), as the plate prevents the surface air from being sucked into the propeller stream, thus ventilating it.

This is in my eyes a very good and important correction... :top:

I suggest we use «AV-Platte» or «AV-plate» from now on...because:
Werner schrieb:
...die Kavitationsplatte beim echten Aubo ist NUR da um das Luftziehen und dadurch das Kavitieren mit eingezogener Luft der UNTERwasserschrauben zu verhindern...

this has theoretically nothing to do with cavitation (when I understand the definition right...please correct if I'm wrong):

Wikipedia says:
Cavitation is the formation and then immediate implosion of cavities in a liquid – i.e. small liquid-free zones ("bubbles") – that are the consequence of forces acting upon the liquid.[1] It usually occurs when a liquid is subjected to rapid changes of pressure that cause the formation of cavities where the pressure is relatively low.

What happens when there is an airflow towards the propeller, this is ventilation, not cavitiation.

Cavitation occurs when the propeller turns too high and/or has a non-ideal form, as far as I know...;)

Kavitationsplatte 01 Apr 2013 21:08 #5

• Werner
  • ( Benutzer )
  • Cottage Racer
  • Dank erhalten: 60
Sorry, I`m wrong

yes, it is ventilation not cavitation!

Kavitationsplatte 01 Apr 2013 22:02 #6

• max z
  • ( Benutzer )
  • Woodworker
  • Dank erhalten: 8
Funny enough, ventilation is sometimes used to avoid cavitation. In the process industry, when a pump is cavitating and hence destroying its impeller because of the eroding effect of the imploding gas bubbles, a small amount of gas (usually nitrogen) is injected in the suction to create bubbles on purpose. This will prevent the implosion since the gas pressure in the bubbles, which is the sum of the vapor pressure of the liquid AND the nitrogen, is now high enough for the bubble to exist under the discharge pressure of the pump. So no implosion, no erosion. It will influence the performance of the pump though, same as with our propellors, hence it is only used as a stop gap measure. The correct way is to ensure sufficient liquid pressure at the suction, which you can do by raising the level in the suction vessel. But alas, this will not be possible with our outboard motors.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: xoff, tschakaa

Kavitationsplatte 03 Apr 2013 20:57 #7

• tschakaa
  • ( Besucher )
  • tschakaas Avatar
Thanks for the Informations. I've cut the plate.

Kavitationsplatte 03 Apr 2013 21:02 #8

• Jo_S
  • ( Administrator )
  • Administrator
  • Dank erhalten: 2631
tschakaa schrieb:
Thanks for the Informations. I've cut the plate.
Ach ja toll! Und wir haben deine Suppe dann bei uns im Cockpit! Sollen wir vielleicht vorher noch 'n Brühwürfel reinlegen? :wut:
Keep the flat side on the water!

Kavitationsplatte 04 Apr 2013 00:01 #9

• xoff
  • ( Besucher )
  • xoffs Avatar
tschakaa schrieb:
...I've cut the plate.

What? ...completely?

Kavitationsplatte 04 Apr 2013 11:09 #10

• tschakaa
  • ( Besucher )
  • tschakaas Avatar
Yes - complet :)
  • Seite: