Start Das Forum Die Backyard-Werft: unsere 152VO-Modelle Utilities / Flatbottoms Baubericht Speedliner Corsair M-510 'Maverick'
Willkommen, Gast
Benutzername: Passwort: Angemeldet bleiben:

THEMA: Baubericht Speedliner Corsair M-510 'Maverick'

Baubericht Speedliner Corsair M-510 'Maverick' 04 Aug 2013 21:27 #91

• Dirk Jan
  • ( Benutzer )
  • Cottage Racer
  • Dank erhalten: 35
Ulmo, I think my hull runs more dry / higher on the water because of the overhangs and possibly less weight. Finally the prop might be submerged the same percentage as yours is.

5 minutes is possible, but only just. I still need to change the motor to a Yardstick legal version. I have a 2700kV outrunner laying here, but it has a 4mm shaft. I will figure out a solution, either by modifying the coupling or change to another motor with 3.2mm shaft.

Thank you guys for offering to buy the bushings, but unfortunately I cannot come to the Bigge, at least not for several days :-o I will consider to visit Saturday to taste the 152VO racing spirit, but I cannot promise yet..

@ Ulmo, thanks for your offer for sending the bushings, but for now I will wait for a while to see if TFL will stock them soon. I want to order some more parts in their shop, so I can combine :) For now I have another 2 stock brass bushings that will last for a couple of runs.
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.

Baubericht Speedliner Corsair M-510 'Maverick' 10 Aug 2013 11:25 #92

• Dirk Jan
  • ( Benutzer )
  • Cottage Racer
Here's an update.

I took your advice and I reinforced the bow handle:

Of course after the picture I pressed it fully down :)

I took my Corsair out for a run every day the last week. Every time I fine tuned the setup to increase the perfomance.

First I gave the outboard more down tilt. Lex told me that it was probably required after I sharpened my outboard leg. Actually this setup made my Corsair a bit unstable. It started to jump more and tilt to the right because of prop torque. My guess is that the prop lifts the transom too much.

Next run I reduced the down tilt and put 35 grams of lead in the front of the hull to reduce torque roll and to keep the nose down:

That was a succes! The Corsair runs still very loose, but is controllable. Speed is very good. After a couple straight speed runs I recorded 55.3km/hr. But I felt there's more..

Next I sharpened the prop that comes as standard with the OSE outboard. The blades are not sharp as the stock prop comes.

I took the Corsair for another run with the GPS. Unfortunately the GPS didn't work.. But the Corsair ran great! The pond looks to become smaller and smaller, or my Corsair goes faster and faster..

This morning I took another run with the GPS. This time it worked and I think I got a new record for flatbottom hulls: 58.7 km/hr!

I flipped the hull by turning too tight with too much speed. The hull came up the right way, but the flip ripped the steering wheel plate and steering wheel out off the hull. Johnny is still a bit dizzy from the flip..

Verdict: the OSE outboard has great potential! Also the SpeedLiner Corsair is a very fast hull. It's not scale speed, but I just like speed :woohoo: Probably the Corsair will be great for 152VO racing on 2S, or with a 2500 - 2700kV motor on 3S.

No video yet. I will try to give you one shortly. Also I asked my friend to make some nice action photo's for the Fahrerlager - 152 rennboote section.

Baubericht Speedliner Corsair M-510 'Maverick' 10 Aug 2013 12:05 #93

• Lex Verkuijl
  • ( Supermoderator )
  • Dank erhalten: 2992
Dirk Jan schrieb:
This morning I took another run with the GPS. This time it worked and I think I got a new record for flatbottom hulls: 58.7 km/hr!

You certainly have, my congratulations!! Great result! :top:
Gruss, Lex

Baubericht Speedliner Corsair M-510 'Maverick' 10 Aug 2013 12:50 #94

• Ulmo
  • ( Benutzer )
  • Class BSH Stock Racer
  • Dank erhalten: 480
Dirk Jan schrieb:
I think I got a new record for flatbottom hulls: 58.7 km/hr!

:tusch: :musik1: :freu1: :musik1: :tusch:
Congratulation. That is amazingly fast.
Knowing what the hull can achieve is in my opinion good an valuable when trimming it for scale speed to the survive 5-6 minutes for a 152VO closed course race. It is always good to have some spare power left.
Wer nur einen Hammer zur Verfügung hat für den sieht jedes Problem wie ein Nagel aus.

Baubericht Speedliner Corsair M-510 'Maverick' 10 Aug 2013 15:14 #95

• Jo_S
  • ( Administrator )
  • Administrator
  • Dank erhalten: 2631
Let's calculate: 58,7 km/h is equivalent to 133,9 km/h original speed... or 83,2 mph.

83,2 mph for a BU - we should report this to the APBA!!! :rofl:
(The national BU straightaway record was 53,7 mph in 1955 - your Speedliner is 155% faster).
Keep the flat side on the water!

Baubericht Speedliner Corsair M-510 'Maverick' 10 Aug 2013 16:29 #96

• Andy
  • ( Supermoderator )
  • Dank erhalten: 1749
Meine Klassifizierung: FF class - FlipFlop :evil:

Kann ich meinen Usernamen eigentlich auch noch auf ScaleSpeed ändern?? :rofl:
Man sollte sich selbst nicht zu ernst nehmen

Baubericht Speedliner Corsair M-510 'Maverick' 10 Aug 2013 18:51 #97

• Dirk Jan
  • ( Benutzer )
  • Cottage Racer
Yes it's too fast for you gentlemen, I know :vortrag: With 2S it will go high 30's which is very nice scale speed. 5-6 minutes is no problem, on 3S I get 8 minutes of run time on a 3000mAh lipo.

Baubericht Speedliner Corsair M-510 'Maverick' 10 Aug 2013 19:55 #98

• Andy
  • ( Supermoderator )
  • Dank erhalten: 1749
Dirk Jan schrieb:
Yes it's too fast for you gentlemen, I know :vortrag: With 2S it will go high 30's which is very nice scale speed. 5-6 minutes is no problem, on 3S I get 8 minutes of run time on a 3000mAh lipo.

Thank God - we have a yardstick 8-)
Man sollte sich selbst nicht zu ernst nehmen

Baubericht Speedliner Corsair M-510 'Maverick' 10 Aug 2013 20:17 #99

• Lex Verkuijl
  • ( Supermoderator )
  • Dank erhalten: 2992
Scale Speed schrieb:
Thank God - we have a yardstick 8-)

Like that is going help you .. :pfeif: I would like to remind jou of a certain FooLing that runs 56,9 km/h within the Yardstick ... :stichel: :troest:
Gruss, Lex

Baubericht Speedliner Corsair M-510 'Maverick' 10 Aug 2013 20:48 #100

• Jo_S
  • ( Administrator )
  • Administrator
  • Dank erhalten: 2631
Lex Verkuijl schrieb:
I would like to remind jou of a certain FooLing that runs 56,9 km/h within the Yardstick ... :stichel: :troest:
Wait for our second yardstick... :rofl:

Nein, im Ernst: jeder kann und darf - im Rahmen des Yardsticks - so schnell fahren wie er mag. Das ist eine ganz individuelle, freie Entscheidung. Bei der Competition ergeben sich durch ein schnelleres Boot jedoch keinerlei Vorteile! Warum? Weil schnellere Boote zusammen in einer schnelleren Gruppe laufen... und die Sieger dort bekommen exakt genau so viele Punkte wie die Sieger einer langsamen Gruppe.

Das einzige, was im Rennen wirklich zählt: im Ziel ankommen, nicht flippen, keine Bojen umfahren, den richtigen Start erwischen, sicher fahren.

Insofern können sehr schnelle Boote sogar im Nachteil sein, wenn der Fahrer sie nicht wirklich sicher beherrscht. Es ist also Teil der eigenen Taktik, die Motorisierung dem eigenen Können anzupassen. Ein sehr schnelles Boot mit unsicherem Fahrer oder unstabilem Lauf kann nicht gewinnen. Da muss alles zusammen passen - und die Rennregeln bieten dafür alle Freiheiten, selber zu entscheiden, was für jeden einzelnen passt.
Keep the flat side on the water!
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Ulmo