Start Das Forum Die Backyard-Werft: unsere 152VO-Modelle Utilities / Flatbottoms Maybellene: an italian BB
Willkommen, Gast
Benutzername: Passwort: Angemeldet bleiben:

THEMA: Maybellene: an italian BB

Maybellene: an italian BB 12 Sep 2015 08:07 #1

• gamma
  • ( Benutzer )
  • Class AU Stock Racer
  • Dank erhalten: 168
Hi all, it is some time since I am hanging around here just adding my answers here and there; it is now time to start my own thread on a new BB which will be named "Maybellene"... Does anybody know Maybellene? ....not? :nixda:
You should, listen

Ok, first of all I apologize for writing in english but i do not know neither german, nor dutch language and french is very basic so, lovely people...english looks to be the only option unless you insist for having it written in...italian :)
As mentioned before i am the proud owner of a baby bullet kit, i have chosen this boat for many reasons: first of all, I am amazed by the elegant shape of this small racing horse; another good point is that I can start from pre cut parts and this makes things easier,I have not a workshop where to build my boats, further on the building steps are well documented by many threads in the forum and finally, the most important thing, I was convinced by the good impressions of previous buyers about the quality.
About this last point i want add my own impression too: what i got is absolutely outstanding, something special and unique in the world of kits, when i opened the box i was impressed by the quality of the parts and materials supplied but also by the care taken in every single detail of packaging, perfect , definitely a great start. :top: :top: :top:
What else? Well, i am not a great writer and i do not want to bore you : mine is just one more bullet, nothing new then and therefore I will try to keep the words and the pics to a minimum...i just want to share with you my work...but be ready, lovely people...i will need your help ...
After having red almost all the previous threads about BB buildings, i have still few doubts about a couple of steps and how you solved them...this boat is so different from all my previous boats and some steps are really concerning me...we will see :bibber:
Ok, and here we go with the pic...this is where i am at the moment, after few days of work ( i am a slow worker... :oops:

first of all the building struts glued to a thick but light MDF base board

then i detached all the required parts from the wooden frame and glued them together...i preferred to stain parts after they were glued, of course it was a risk but with a little patience results, so far, are acceptable; i use 2 components epoxy glue, UHU PLUS endfest slow drying (12 hours)...yes, it takes a long time to set but i can work relaxed: planty of time to fill and smoke my pipe, drink a cup of coffee and reply to the usual disturbing phone call. :mrgreen:

Parts were inserted and glued to the baseboard, it is really a rock hard structure, time for the builder to watch the results and have some rest

I forgot to say something about the colour i have chosen for the wood; for sure i like those light oak BBs but i am afraid that any fault, even the minor one, will be enphasized and more visible so...i will have a darkish BB., as you can see...not too bad.
A this's all folks, this is where i am at the presentm, slow worker i know but...I told you, be patient...next step...side bars.

ciao to everybody, have a nice day :winken:
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Jo_S

Maybellene: an italian BB 12 Sep 2015 08:45 #2

• Lex Verkuijl
  • ( Supermoderator )
  • Dank erhalten: 2992
:top: Looking forward to reading this first Italian Baby Bullet build thread! Looking good so far (i like the black & white pictures!),I took a seat on the front row .. :popcorn: :popcorn:
Gruss, Lex
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: gamma

Maybellene: an italian BB 12 Sep 2015 10:29 #3

• Snake
  • ( Benutzer )
  • Class DU Stock Racer
  • Dank erhalten: 310
:top: :popcorn:
Your Video is in Germany Blocked :nixda:
Other for Germany

:feile: :winke:
Alles ist möglich
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: gema1831, gamma

Maybellene: an italian BB 12 Sep 2015 19:56 #4

• gema1831
  • ( Benutzer )
  • Class DSH Stock Racer
  • Dank erhalten: 669
:top:

:popcorn:

Gema
Gruss, Mark

Maybellene: an italian BB 17 Sep 2015 17:45 #5

• gamma
  • ( Benutzer )
  • Class AU Stock Racer
  • Dank erhalten: 168
GAMMA SHIPYARD: UPDATE 2

Hi all, lovely people...the second step of my project has been completed: the stringers have been glued to the frames, bent and sanded to shape; i followed the instructions and the process was not so difficult....only a couple of minutes of pure panic :bibber:
Results, so far, look acceptable, at least to me :mrgreen: but better you see them directly so, stop talking and let's go directly to the pics:

The first two stringers are in place :freu1:

to add the additional, external stringers the usual orgy of clamps was necessary; TIP FOR FUTURE BUILDERS: do not even try to start the building if you have not ready an HUGE AMOUNT of clamps, small, medium and large size; they are a must for a good and safe building :vortrag:

and here we are, after a long, slow, dusty sanding session the Maybellene is taking shape and it is absolutely beautiful :feile: :verknallt:

and again time to relax and watch the work...

This is where i am, next step : hull planking, since that moment, have the best time!! :bier:

see u soon, ciao :winken:

Maybellene: an italian BB 17 Sep 2015 18:07 #6

• gema1831
  • ( Benutzer )
  • Class DSH Stock Racer
  • Dank erhalten: 669
:top:
:popcorn:
:rc:
Gema
Gruss, Mark

Maybellene: an italian BB 17 Sep 2015 18:24 #7

• Lex Verkuijl
  • ( Supermoderator )
  • Dank erhalten: 2992
Looking good! :top: Keep up the good work :bauen:
Gruss, Lex

Maybellene: an italian BB 17 Sep 2015 21:11 #8

• Snake
  • ( Benutzer )
  • Class DU Stock Racer
  • Dank erhalten: 310
Alles ist möglich

Maybellene: an italian BB 17 Sep 2015 21:36 #9

• das_pat
  • ( Benutzer )
  • Backyard Builder
  • Dank erhalten: 14

Looks good, I was just already so far ....
Gruß Patrick

Maybellene: an italian BB 19 Sep 2015 16:50 #10

• Jo_S
  • ( Administrator )
  • Administrator
  • Dank erhalten: 2631
I'm always happy (and a bit proud) when I read, how much care the builders put into their Baby Bullets and how much fun and pride of ownership they get by building the kit. In fact your fun is the biggest laud to me. :shakehands:
Keep the flat side on the water!